According to statistics, the total capacity of electric furnace equipment in China is about 20 million KW, and the power consumption is more than 20 billion kwh, accounting for about 8% of the national power generation. Therefore, energy conservation is the primary task of the electric furnace industry!
Induction smelting furnace is not only one of the most effective process equipment for smelting and thermal insulation in modern casting industry, but also the main energy consuming equipment. How to reduce the power consumption and production cost of induction furnace is the concern of electric furnace manufacturers and users.
Coreless induction melting furnace is mainly divided into power frequency coreless induction melting furnace (power frequency is less than 50Hz, hereinafter referred to as power frequency furnace) and medium frequency coreless induction melting furnace (power frequency is 150-8000, hereinafter referred to as medium frequency furnace).
Power frequency furnace is mainly used for smelting and heat preservation of black and non-ferrous metals; Induction melting furnace is mainly used for melting steel, alloy steel, cast iron, copper aluminum, zinc, tin and nickel. Due to its mature technical level, it has been widely used in the foundry industry.
In terms of smelting process, from the metallurgical point of view, there is no obvious difference between power frequency and induction furnace for most melting processes; The production experience also shows that the melting processes of the two smelting furnaces can be well controlled. Only in individual cases will the quality of molten liquid be affected by the frequency selection.
In terms of furnace performance, power frequency furnace and medium frequency furnace mainly have the following differences:
1. Medium frequency furnace has high power density and high production efficiency; That is, under the condition of the same stirring force and the same capacity, the medium frequency furnace can input 3 times the power of the power frequency furnace. In other words, the crucible size of the medium frequency furnace with the same power is only one third of that of the power frequency furnace. In larger furnaces, due to the influence of inductor core current and voltage, the input power of the medium frequency furnace is about twice that of the power frequency furnace. Therefore, the average power consumption of the medium frequency furnace is lower than that of the power frequency furnace.
2. The medium frequency furnace can empty the charge during each smelting, which is easy to change the variety of molten metal. It has fast start-up, no melt start-up and easy to use; The power frequency furnace needs to leave part of the remaining molten iron for melting together in the next furnace, otherwise the starter block shall be used.
3. Under the same productivity conditions, the selected medium frequency furnace has small capacity, so it has small floor area, less consumption of furnace lining materials and low operation cost.
4. The medium frequency furnace has high operation reliability and improved equipment utilization.
5. Compared with power frequency furnace, medium frequency furnace has less stirring force, less metal scouring on furnace lining and long service life of furnace lining. In recent years, with the progress of SCR medium frequency power supply technology, large high-power medium frequency furnace has developed rapidly. It has been adopted by more and more users, and has the trend of gradually replacing small and medium-sized power frequency furnaces.
The energy consumption of power frequency furnace and medium frequency furnace is compared and analyzed; Provide necessary technical data as a reference for feasibility analysis and scheme selection. In the case of the same smelting metal, the main factors affecting the power consumption of the two furnaces are: furnace capacity, daily output, frequency and power density, electric frequency and thermal efficiency of the furnace, etc.
1. Generally speaking, the influence of furnace on power consumption: under a certain power density, the power consumption of both power frequency furnace and medium frequency furnace decreases with the increase of furnace capacity; The relationship between capacity and power consumption of domestic power frequency furnace and medium frequency furnace. Coreless induction furnace has a common trend of increasing furnace capacity and reducing power consumption regardless of melting, insulation and frequency.
2. Influence of daily output on power consumption of furnace: the influence of daily output of medium frequency furnace and power frequency furnace on power consumption is quite different; The more daily iron production of a single power frequency furnace, the lower its average power consumption. At the beginning, its power consumption is quite high, but after the daily output reaches a certain value, its power consumption tends to be stable. The daily output of medium frequency furnace has no obvious effect on power consumption;
The experience shows that the economic benefit of power frequency furnace is obvious only under the continuous working condition. Under the same daily output, the power consumption of medium frequency furnace, especially small and medium-sized medium frequency furnace, is lower than that of power frequency furnace. We pointed out earlier that the power frequency furnace needs continuous operation. Even if it does not work for a short time, it should be insulated. Only in this way can the power consumption be reduced; However, for small and medium-sized medium frequency furnace, due to its fast starting melting, it is especially suitable for single shift operation system, and its operation power consumption cost is much lower than that of power frequency furnace.
Yiphee Electric Furnace Co.,Ltd specializes in producing induction furnace.Tel(WhatsApp):+86-13450756789, email@example.com